The Reatile Group’s vision is centered around doing good, sustainable business in Southern Africa and to harness the company’s growth – not only for shareholders benefit, but also for the benefit of Reatile Group’s employees, the industry as a whole and the community in which it operates.
The Reatile Foundation is a fundamental part of the Group’s raison d’être. “We value enabling others to grow and develop: from our staff members to the wider community. At the end of the day, this is what we firmly believe in, what motivates us and what we thrive on. Among our proudest achievements is the fact that the Reatile Group has created literally hundreds of new jobs and that through our continued hard work and success, we are able to assist the greater community and areas of need in South Africa.
The Reatile Foundation Trust serves a number of developmental and social upliftment projects, which include a tertiary education scholarship program, community upliftment programs, providing assistance to other Non-Profit Organisations and making a difference in disadvantaged communities.
During the 2017/2018 financial year, The Reatile Foundation Trust donated in excess of R2m towards eradicating inequality and improving the quality of life of disadvantaged communities:
- Baby Moses Sanctuary – House construction and rennovations;
- Jerry Hope Skills Development Center – Rennovations of workshops for disabled learners;
- Lambano Sanctuary – Donations including medical equipment, fridges and washing machines;
- Menzi Children’s Home – Donations including microwave ovens, wardrobes, gas stove, gas heaters, wheelchairs and beds;
- Mthimkhulu Stimulation Center – Roof repairs and general maintenance;
- Place of Refuge – Roof repairs and general maintenance including painting;
- Reddam Foundation Trust – Scholarships for historical disadvantaged scholars; and
- University of Johannesburg – Bursaries for 10 historical disadvantaged students.