To be the leading local private-investment holding company in the industrial sector based on the key measurements of turnover, return on investment, people development and people empowerment.
To achieve sustainable and superior shareholder returns by offering entrepreneurial wisdom and sound operational know-how with quality products and services that create value for our customers whilst ensuring that we develop a strong social component of upliftment in the communities with which we interact.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY
The overriding objectives of the group are to invest in quality opportunities in the industrial sectors that are aligned to:
- Energy (LPG, CNG, Electricity, LNG, NG, Renewables, Shale gas, Fuel and Coal Bed Methane)
- Chemicals (Speciality, Commodity and Processing)
- Industrial (Manufacturing and Processing)
The investment philosophy adopted is either one of the following:
- A controlling equity share with key executives remaining;
- A minority share if it is of strategic importance;
- A partnership approach as a skilled BEE partner;
- Developing new businesses where we have competencies; or
- Leveraging off Black Industrialists Program Funding where applicable.
Reatile is a long-term investor with no prescribed exit strategy, investing in people to develop the strategy.
Reatile Group’s investments are structured within its 100% wholly owned subsidiaries being: